Surface Agitation in Cylindrical Tank? Bubbles on Surface?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Godd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone, Newb here with a unique variation to a question I'm sure gets asked a lot.

I'm unsure of the O2 levels in my cylindrical 15 Gal SW Tank. My current setup is a Airflow/Airstone tube in the center of the tank with the air leaving the tube and hitting the botton of the aquarium light(Slightly Submerged). This is creating a layer of bubbles on the water's surface as shown below:

Had trouble embedding image so link: https://plus.google.com/photos/105659296674204078478/albums/5712015586046536321

How is this for surface agitation? Good/Bad? A simple fix to this is lowering the water level so that the light is no longer in the water and so the airflow can easily agitate the water. I just simply prefer it the way it is now because the water level makes the tank look completely full. :thanks:

BTW: Tank Contents -> One Clownfish, One DamselFish w/ Some Aquarium Decor

Airstones are generally not used in SW tanks. They cause too much salt creep. Power heads aimed to create surface agitation is the preferred method.

Back
Top Bottom