Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-26-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount
SW Sponge - Good? Bad? Ugly?

Okay. LFS was basically selling off everything. (Too bad the discount was not that great).

Anyways. As part of taking down one of the display tanks I managed to pickup a 5lb LR with a very large yellow sponge attached. I recall reading something about this in the past but didn't know enough.

So... who has or knows about sponges? I can provide a pix but it's basically a giant yellow pourous looking thing. I originaly thought it was a giant wax mess someone dropped into the tank.

Good? Bad? Ugly? (It is kinda ugly, so I'll answer that one)

Attached a picture, but it's not that great. Some light sand dust has been kicked up my my damsel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00049_272.jpg (47.8 KB, 114 views)

Old 01-26-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a decent sized orange sponge type like that, that is growing on a chunk of LR. I hope you didnt let the sponge get expossed to air other wise it is going to die.

125g~Zoanthid dominated~SPS~LPS~T. crocea~S. haddoni~2xSaddleback Clowns~Hippo, Kole, Achilles Tang~Leopard Wrasse~Flame Angel~Purple Firefish~Gobies~Chromis~3xCleaner Shrimp~2xHarlequin Shrimp~Pistol Shrimp
AquaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

No special care requied. It will just continue to "exist".
Old 02-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to dscount Send a message via Yahoo to dscount
Thanks All. Yes when I moved it the LFS was very good to remind me "NO AIR Exposure" for the LR with the Sponge. Since it kills it off. I did notice a little piece on the corner some how didn't make it. Might have been when the LFS moved it between tanks too.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #5
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Most LFS wont tell you that. You might have a keeper there. I`m talking about the LFS.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sponge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com