Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well i could see that. But that and having to make a larger water change would be the only problem when it comes to maitnence.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
is back to save the day!

Generally, the 55G is not that bad in my opinion. I'm not trying to diss anyone with 55G tanks.. or even 55G tanks for that matter. Maybe some people like the thinness of the tank, and they don't like visual depth in aquariums.. Who knows. But to me.. it is hard as heck to clean.. because it is so thin you have to really get up top and over it to get anywhere near the spots you really want to get to. Also, the depth of the tank is not my concern. I like how deep the tank is. And as roka said.. aquascaping was a ridiculous task with this 55G. I was excited for aquascaping.. that was until i found how difficult and un-appealing it was to "try" and aquascape with such little room to do so. Also.. i like the look of a nice wide, white, open sandbed. Where there is room to view what is going on in the sand, and for the "sand criiters" to do their thing.. and still have a nice rockwork to retreat to. That is what i had pictured when i was first starting this tank.. but now my tank looks like the complete opposite lol.

But overall.. i'm not complaining. I enjoy this.. but i just want a tank that i could enjoy it even more with. That's all. And i think it will be a 40G breeder. It has dimensions that i really prefer, and i am still able to use my current light fixture. Even if it will give off a ridiculous amount of excess light in to the room because of the sides of the fixture that are hanging off lol. Anyways, thanks for the input ladies and gentlemen. I will update this thread to let everyone know what the dillio is. :p

Old 10-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
or you can get a bigge one thats wider, mine i got it used but it was like new for 200 dollars it came with the stand filter and uv sterilazer and its a 75 gallon, and is i think the same linght than the 55 gallon and is alot wider i know that forsure
Old 10-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, i was just curious, so the only reason why it is more work is because of the diminsions of the tank. So you are not really looking to downgrade, just a tank with better diminsions. That i agree about, that is why i was thinking a 75g when i do SW.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
and a 75 gallon you can put all of that rock you have there and you can make it look better
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to Aquarium1
I think he wants to downgrade because it would be cheaper with the salt and water changes etc. But I'm not for sure.
Aquarium1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

but what ever he decides to do i hope it all comes out good
Old 10-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well said abrahamavelar. My 2 cents is i would say a 75g, 40g breeder, or 50g breeder would be best. Here is a website i use Zero for tank diminsions.

http://alysta.com/books/fishtank.htm
Old 10-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1 ill go for the 75 tho because it uses the same space than the 55 gal just alittle bit wider and taller

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com