Switching from tap water to RO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,
I was just wondering what is the best way to change my tap to RO water.(it's 110l) Should I just change about 10l a week or leave just a few litres, just enough for the fish and drip in about 80 litres over about a day or any of your techniques
Thanks in advance, Eddy :)

Just do week like water changes about 25 to 50 % you will love what ro di water does for you

Ok thanks,
How many times would I have to do 50% wc to have good enough water to be able to keep corals?

To have not seen any like that but all the information about it seems right and of you do weekly 30% wc you should have water in a month or two but you can have corals now ro water is just a plus that is better for them

You can keep corals with tap water in some places like NY like i am the water is pretty good!ive had no problems yet but then again its only been up and running for a lil less than a month

Yes this is true but you should have your water tested be for you do

City water is treated with chlorine and contains other things that will fuel algae growth. I started my tank with tap water, switching to ro/di was the best decision I've made for my tank. Improvements are not immediate though, so be patient.

I started mine with tap in august...switched to distilled (cant afford an RO unit at the moment) in late october....MAJOR difference!! The GHA is almost non-existent in the tank now along with some other algae's that were taking over.

Back
Top Bottom