Switching over tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lshann14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a 115g DAS tank now for a long while and I just bought a new 210g tank setup.
I have Liverock, livesand, and fish in the tank.
How am I supposed to move the fish, sand, and rock over the best way?
The tank I have now is upstairs and the new one is going to be all the way across the house, downstairs.

Any help needed.

How many feet away is the new location from old?

Rock and corals into 5 buckets with water to transfer downstairs to holding containers( brute trash cans or 15 gallon storage containers.

With long length of tubing you can gravity drain from upstairs to down stairs. Either drain directly to new tank or drain into holding container then pump over to new tank. Going to need some help as it will be a lot of work. Plan out as best you can ahead of time.

How many feet away is the new location from old?

Rock and corals into 5 buckets with water to transfer downstairs to holding containers( brute trash cans or 15 gallon storage containers.

With long length of tubing you can gravity drain from upstairs to down stairs. Either drain directly to new tank or drain into holding container then pump over to new tank. Going to need some help as it will be a lot of work. Plan out as best you can ahead of time.

That's pure Genius right there. Never would have thought of it, but it sounds like it would work perfect.

Back
Top Bottom