Switching to leds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudzie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have been making the transition with eshine leds,
Everything seems to be doing ok growth not like
The t-5s so far and maximini not eating like it used to?? Any advice?

Some specs on the LEDs and tank would help folks determine if you have a equivalent amount of LEDs on your tank.

Sorry, i have two of the 60 watt dimmable eshine units mix of blue and whites. Have had them at about 30% now on my 75 for about 4 weeks. Blues are at100%

Seems like 100% blue might be a problem. Those eshines have optics installed on them don't they? Coral can be harmed by too much PAR, regardless of the color of the diode. 3W Blue LEDs still pack quite a punch. You might try backing that down a bit. I know with my LEDs on my reef, I murdered a lot of coral before I settled on some much lower than what I figured I would need settings.

Yea thanks, they do have optics & a lot of people think that the blues are less penetrating. Although the lights are 9" off the water i think i will give that a try and choke em back to about 70% see if that helps. Thanks again...

Granted, I am running a different setup, but I have 2 AI Sol pods 14" above the water over my 57 gallon reef. I run the whites at 35% and blues at 45%. I still get PAR readings of 140+ uMol at the substrate. Granted, this is a smaller tank and the AI Sols are slightly higher powered, but you get the idea...

Gotchya... Going to work on choking em back, just want to make sure the sps are getting the light they need to. Hard to cut back on the blues since they make everything pop so well when the whites kick off. Kinda wish i would have got these with a controller but, wifey thinks these set me back
Enough...gold star polyps look crazy..
Thanks... Gonna dial em back... Just started kalk in topoff about 3. Weeks ago.... Should probably only tackle one issue at a time...

Good luck. I am newer to the reef hobby as well and it seems like the recurring advice from the well experienced is balance, consistency, slow changes and stability.

Back
Top Bottom