T-5 ATI bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squidy07

Aquarium Advice Activist
Sup guys I'm running a 4 bulb unit with 2 blue pluses and 2 blue specials. I'm going to be replacing my blue pluses soon and I was wondering if anyone has tried the purple bulbs or any other combinations ?

I have aquaticlife bulbs, 2xactinic, 1 x 10000k and 1 purple. I dont like the purple because it makes everything browner. I pulled it out once and all my colours popped much better.
I will be replacing them next month and I'm switching to Giessmann bulbs. NO pink or purples either.

I have the Fiji purple in as well. I don't like it at all.

Regards,

SA

I got rid of my purple and went with two aqua blue plus, which is 11k white and two actinic plus which is blue.

I love there lights. 2 aqua blue specials 1 purple plus and 1 blue plus. Had them over my 75g African cichlid tank. Now I switched to LED's.

Here's a quote from the Grim Reefer on one of his articles regarding actinic bulbs

"The good blue lamps are the ATI Blue Plus, Giesemann Actinic Plus, AquaScience 22000K Blue, Narva and Sylvania blues and the UVL 454 and Ice Cap Twilight. The Helios Super Blue is a nice lamp if you can find it."

Back
Top Bottom