T5 Bulb Ratio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm more of a blueish kind of guy when it comes to lighting. Right now I have a 48in 4bulb t5 with 2 10k and 2 actinic. I have a reef aquarium and was wondering if I could mix up the bulbs to look more "blue" then it does 50/50. If I were to trade in a 10k bulb for another like super actinic will it effect the growth of corals/nems? (As in hurt the growth) I would rather have 75% actinic and 25% 10k sunlight.

That's going to affect your corals. Try 2 aqualblue specials (great daylight lights with a hint of blue) and some Blue plus actinic bulbs.

AquaRick said:
That's going to affect your corals. Try 2 aqualblue specials (great daylight lights with a hint of blue) and some Blue plus actinic bulbs.

I agree with Rick, that combo is gonna look sick! You could add a purple plus if you wanted as well. I have that setup in my Cichlid tank and it looks sick! I can imagine what it would look like over a saltwater tank!

ATI makes a great bulb IMO.

I agree.. I have 3 aquablue specials, 2 blue plus actinic, and a purple plus. Great combo, but I might get the true a true actinic to replace one of the aquablue bulbs once I change out bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom