T5 lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bovy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Which t5 HO is the best ? I just replaced my aqua life actinic for a Cora life ( every 6 months I change two bulbs ). It's more purple than blue. Does it matter ? Any help would be appreciated.

i would chaneg the lamps every 9 months and 1 month apart for each lamp as not to completly shock the system.

as for lamps i would use ATI, KZ or gueismann lamps, ATI being the cheapest and the same PAR as the KZ which will mostliekly be the top two brands

I'm changing from 4 t5 to 2 mh 250w and 2 t5 what's the best way not to shock my corals plz help

Should I have it high up and lower it and if so what sort of time scale till they used to it . Can it kill my corals????

if they aren't properly acclimated then yes they can be killed. although if its alot of low light mushrooms that you have i think they should be alright. you can also place them lower in the tank so they get less light and slowly move them to where they seem to do best

Ok I got alot of mushrooms low down my high up corals are torch , duncans , and my prized coral a candy cane should I lower them there are about 6" from the top

Was hoping to put it right on top of my aquarium . This asking for trouble I take it

Might try it and keep an eye on temp for first few days see what happens thxs for ur help

Back
Top Bottom