T5 Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake337

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago I bought a 30' Coralife T5 lighting fixture. I'm wondering if this light fixture is high output or not. The package doesn't state anything about it being HO but it does mention the growth of corals and such. I also got this lighting fixture from my LFS.

Jake337 said:
Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago I bought a 30' Coralife T5 lighting fixture. I'm wondering if this light fixture is high output or not. The package doesn't state anything about it being HO but it does mention the growth of corals and such. I also got this lighting fixture from my LFS.

How many watts and what is the heat temperature of each bulb?

You mean like the Kelvin? 10,000 and 6500. Not so sure on the watts.

Jake337 said:
You mean like the Kelvin? 10,000 and 6500. Not so sure on the watts.

Well judging by the kelvin temp it is HO, I'm not much of an expert on this so someone might pop in and correct me but I think it is HO

The Coralife fT5s are indeed HO. And they do ok for my 55, but man, I really want a 4 bulb fixture. It's next on my list. I want a tabling acro, dangit!

I wouldn't be 100% that they are or are not HO. I have a Coralife two bulb T5 that is normal output (24"). They make both. There should be some kind of stamp on the end of each bulb showing wattage.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'll try looking for the watts. I really hope it is HO because I wanted to have a reef aquarium with an anemone.

What kind if LEDs did u get and how much were they? In planning on getting some myself online but don't know where to start.

Well, I went the expensive route and am running 2 radions above my 55 gal. You should look into the taotronics LEDs off ebay. Most reefers on the forum use them with good results.

Back
Top Bottom