T5 lights.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Are T5 lights able to support cocrea clams?
(the light hood is 2 x 24 wattage T5 bulbs, 2 feet tank)

T5 refers to the thickness(diameter) of the bulb and I would say that is nowhere near enought light for clams.

I'm not sure what T5 refers to, but the thickness of a bulb doesn't mean anything. PC lights are thinner than NO Flourescents, of course, and they're far more effective.

T5's are actually HO bulbs and can be used to keep certain clams and certain SPS's if placed high enough to the light. They do pack one heck of a punch and can even be compared to MH's.

However, a two 24" T5's wouldn't be suitable for Croceas.

I use vho's and Im impressed with them (y) It lights up my whole 2 rooms that are connected, and they almost blind me! HEHE

I saw that comment too and didn't know if I should just let it slide or not, but I think IMPERATORFAN feels the same as I do.
I have kids older than Adambomb and I hope I taught them respect better than what I saw from him. You know some KIDS think they know it all and ARE the bomb.
I haven't been a member of this forum for very long but from what I have seen it's a top rate bunch of people who come here and try to help others out. So bomby, heed this advise.....if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

My freind runs the sumlight supply 8 bulb tek light over his 75 and it does an awesome job. His SPS color up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom