take a look at these pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff2100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone tell me why my turbo snails are turning white/silver?

Plus any ideas on how to get a majestic angelfish out from behind a rock and start feeding, I've had him a week now and not seen him feed yet and for £60 I realy want to keep him!

Attachments

• IMG_0562[1].jpg
    IMG_0562[1].jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0564[1].jpg
    IMG_0564[1].jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0565[1].jpg
    IMG_0565[1].jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 79
Levels r a little high at 490 ? However all other readings are norm apart from ph which is 7.9? My tank is norm around 8.2

Here's a thought. Turbo snails often have coralline algae on their shells. If your lighting is higher than their previous environment, or you just upgraded your lighting, the coralline can turn white and die.

I've lost some light 1 of my t5 46" blues has gone and I haven't replaced it yet, however a lot of my CA has turned white at the top of my tank but I think this is more the temp control? My tank has been up to the 29C level for a bit, I have a chiller but even this is finding it hard to bring the temps down right now, currently my temps are at 26C
Can CA be affected by temp or is it mainly light?

Here's a thought. Turbo snails often have coralline algae on their shells. If your lighting is higher than their previous environment, or you just upgraded your lighting, the coralline can turn white and die.

This would be my guess also.

Back
Top Bottom