Taking care of an alveopora....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SGT Henry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys....I saw an awesome looking alveopora in a pet store and I was wondering how hard they are to maintain....Im sure its alveopora and not goniopora (I think I spelled it correctly)...anyways...I have a 20gal long setup right now...yellow polyps which are doing great and some shrooms...also alot of different types of feather dusters....would this coral fit in?...I have 80something Watts of lighting...which is like 4 w per gallon so I think I should be alright...

would it eat invert target food?...if not what to feed it?

thx...

I have one and i dont target feed it at all. It's really cool. From what I've heard though, they have a really low survival rate in the home aquarium. Mine looks really good though. It looked a lot different at the pet store then when I got it home. Its doing fine with all of my shrooms,xenia, and long tenticle plate coral. they are the ones really close to it right now. I keep it in moderate flow at the middle of the tank. I have 130w PC's on a 29gal so i have a little bit more light than you. I think if you kept it from the middle to the top it would do great. I'm not an expert at this thing yet because I've only had it a couple of weeks now. :) Anyway its definately a cool addition to any tank. HTH

P.S. I forgot to add, I use cyclopeeze once a week. So, I guess i sort of do feed it! :)

I have a pink alveopora that's actually grown some. One food I have been trying that has had good results is Reefroids.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom