Taking Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyingL0

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the best method to take photos of my fish with a digital camera? It seems everyone I take comes out blurry?

There are a number of settings on the camera to check first. Use auto-focus and macro-settings. Use the largest pixel setting (you can re-size them later).

You should get as close to the glass as possible (right on it is good). A tripod is better to minimize the "shake" when you snap the shutter. Turn off all room lights to avoid light reflection.

Some folks abhor the use of flash due to the reflection coming back. Keep in mind that the flash allows the camera to capture your image (slowing it down so to speak). If you decide to use flash, angle the camera so that the flashback doesn't appear in the photo.

Here are some examples with using flash:

HTH

I take my pics at night. There are 4 windows in the fish room so good daytime shots are almost non-existant. If you don't have a tripod, then do what I do, a stack of various sized phone books on a stool. Add or remove different phonebooks so your camera is at the right heigth for what you are shooting.
I take shots with a flash, and some without. Sometimes both to see which comes out the best.
Jchillin hit it just right. Good advice.

There are many other settings on your camera, but just stick with taking sharp/in focus pictures first. I've only had my digital camera for a year now and I am still learning how to use it properly.

Check it out! Not bad at all! Thanks for the tips

Attachments

• 052205.jpg
    052205.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom