abit of a longer one this time!!!
while the wife is watching the dancing on ice i thought i would ask this now.
please bear with me.
sometime in march i changing my cabinet so i can add i sump, i have to take eveything out of the tank to do this, and i am going to get the tank drilled by the LFS
. here is what i plan to do, need advice of the pros on here.
i will be doing this on a friday so i will 3 days to do this with the weekend.
my tanks is 350litres
1. mix up 160litres of fresh salt water. store in plastic bins with heaters and ph in.
2. get 2x45litre plastic tubs from tesco, fill each tub with 40l of tank water.
3. i have 10 fish, so put 5 in each tub. also put the corals that are not fixed to LR
and the CUC in to these tubs with heaters and a air pump.
4. get 3 more plastic bins from a DIY store, they hold about 80l, (i use one now for my PWCs) drain 240litre of tank water in to these. put the LR
in with heaters and PHs
5. bin the rest of the water and the sand, keep a few cups though to seed the new sand.
6. ring the LFS
, get the tank drilled and fix all the pipe work to the sump, let the pipe seals set.
not sure how long the seals need to set or how long the livestock will be ok in the bins. ADVICE PLEASE!!!
when the tank and sump is all ok.
1. add the new sand after being rinsed in RO
2. add 2 bins of water (160l) add the LR
and do the scaping. add the rest of the water to the tank and the sand to the DSB
in the sump.
3. fix the skimmer, ph04 reactor and the auto top up in the sump.
4. turn on all the pumps and let it settle.
5. add the livestock. WHEN WILL I BE ABLE TO DO THIS? WILL I HAVE TO ACCLIMATISE THEM AGAIN?
is there anything i have missed, iam sure there is and all the advice and help is needed, as iam quite worried about donig it.
thanks for reading