Taking the anemone back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
I guess I don't have the right light so I'm gonna take the bta back. The clownfish really like the anemone so is there any anemone/ coral I could get that they will like? My frogspawn does really well under my lights so I might get a torch/hammer. Cause I doubt that any anemone can live under my lights. Any recomendations?

If your frogspawn is doing well, I would suspect your anemone may also. Refresh my memory...what lighting and tank are we talking about? How is the frogspawn "doing well"? Has it retained bright color since you bought it?

Well I have a 2 bulb t5 ho over a 36 gallon tank.

The frogspawn is just starting to grow another head and the head it already has is HUGE!!!

The anemone has just been off and on. One second it's doing great next second it's face down on the sand bed and I have to put it on a rock.

The one in your avatar doesn't seem to be doing great, but One thing I will say, if you added another 2 bulb T5 fixture like the one you have, I bet your frogspawn would do even better and your anemone may also. Either way, if you want a reef, I suggest you increase the lighting. Why not do it now?

Yah I'm only 14 so I might ask my mom if she will get me a Tao Tronic and when I get it I will sell the light I have now and pay her back.

Yah I'm only 14 so I might ask my mom if she will get me a Tao Tronic and when I get it I will sell the light I have now and pay her back.

Good plan :) Taos will burn up some stuff if you leave them too high though so start low

I walk upstairs an hour later from him being on the ground shriveled up and now he is fully open and (it's hard to tell but you can see it in the reflection and its green)!

image-843724323.jpg

Attachments

• image-3690661132.jpg
    image-3690661132.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 72
That fixture you posted is the Taotronic unit. Taotronic is just one name they go by, there are many people re-branding these and calling them theirs.

Ok thanks I think my mom is gonna get me the unit I only need 1 for a 36 bow front right?

One should be fine, one every 2 feet of length a good rule to start with those. Not the quietest but its a great value. They come with a hanging kit, like x said, they are a lot brighter than what you have so don't shock the coral. If you get a dimmable one start it low and turn it up every few days a little bit. If not dimmable put the light very high above the tank and slowly lower it. They put off very very little heat which is also good.

If the nem is letting go thats not good.

Back
Top Bottom