Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Talk about Irony

I have been having a bit of a problem with Aptasia. So last night I purchased a few peppermint shrimp from the local pet shop. After acclimating them, I started to add them to my tank. One of them swam down and landed directly in the center of one of the larger apt’s. The Aptasia immediately reacted and wrapped all of its tentacles around my new shrimp. I managed to get the shrimp free by vigorously fanning the water in front of the Aptasia. The poor shrimp was in awful shape and just laid on the bottom of the tank twitching every once in a while. Unfortunately, the little guy passed away after about half an hour. On the brighter side, this morning, I noticed quite a few of the smaller Aptasia in the tank showed signs of being nibbled on.

140#s Live Rock from LiveRocks.com
Frogspawn, Hammer, Zoos, Leather Frag, and Xenia and Green Star Polyp frags from fishfreek and Alarmguy66, Thanks!
Member of the Unofficial A-Team
bound_for_obx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

The same EXACT thing happened to me 2 years ago. **** Aptasia!

My other Peppermints never seemed to develop a taste for my Aptasia, but 2 bottles of "Joe's Juice" worked great!

Steve

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hmmm..interesting automatic editing..."darn" wasn't quite the word I used...but it works

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iron

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com