Tampa Bay Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeyB

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone bought any LR from Tampa Bay Live Rock.
http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/

I am going there to go buy 90 lbs. this coming friday and wanted to know if it is worth the drive. Also I was wondering, I got a huge cooler I was going to fill like half full of saltwater the night before do you think I will get any die off transporting this way. Do I even need the water? It's like 2 1/2 hr drive.

I'm sure more knowledgeable people will reply, but I don't have such a good feeling about someone adding rock to an uncylced tank that is full of stoney corals. I think you will be wasting the extra money you are spending for getting rock with corals already on it since the ammonia and nitrite spikes that will ensue from cycling will kill all of the corals.

I bought rock from LR.com and it was a 2 hour drive for us. It went straight into the tanks as they told us to do. No dieoff or problems whatsoever.

Oh also, there should be no ammonia spike, I have tons of corals and they all did fine. What I was told on this site was that you only need to cure shipped rock or if it has die off.

i wasnt all that impressed when i went to tampa bay will have to check out lr.com next trip down

Thanks for the reply I guess it wont hurt to go check out what they got. Also anyone know of any good aquariums in the area I could check out.

tampa aquarium is great :) a must see imo
cost alot imo if i remember right its like $30 to get in

I have no experience with tampbay but have ordered from liverocks in the past. Great customer service and great rock. Honestly, I am pretty sure both company's rock is pretty much the same. The important thing is that both are selling acu-culutured rock.

Back
Top Bottom