tampabaysaltwater.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am considering ordering "the Package" from these folks after reading intensely about their product last night. Has anyonehad experience with their live rock? Please share if you can. Thank you.

Personally I havent ordered from them. However, I have heard nothing but good things about them. I was considering ordering from them in the near future as well.

I`ve never ordered from them but have seen some good pics from people that have. It was some excellent rock.

I`ve never ordered from them but have seen some good pics from people that have. It was some excellent rock.
I agree.
Sometimes they even include a free mantis or two with the purchase.
I think there is a chance this can/will/maybe happen with a lot of LR bought online. I have found, there are not a no grantees....

They have great rock. The only thing bad that I heard from 1 person is that they got a ton of gorilla crabs and mantis shrimp. But that was only one person....everyone else seems to love them.

I ended up purchasing live rock locally, and was able to pick my pieces. The gentleman who helped me was really nice and threw in a few hermit crabs, a few snails, a brittle star and a shrimp for me for free, aside from any hitchhikers (and he pointed me to a piece with a cute little feather duster on it). The rock was $6.99/lb and a very nice purple color. It had nice holes in it and was fairly light, so I got 5 good sized pieces, totalling 21 lbs.
He also sold me the caribsea live sand, and a few cups from his tanks to help it kick off. He cleaned the dead sponges off the rock for me, and helped me inspect it for glass anemones before I left the shop, in a seperate tank he uses for holding customer purchases.

He was very nice and helpful! I was very impressed, and I am glad I went the local route. I was very interested in the tampabay rock, but terrified of the hitchhikers.

Back
Top Bottom