Tang and lawnmower benney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dewey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi , Well i got a few fish with this other aquarium i bought. What does a Yellow tang and a lawnmower blenney like to eat?? Thanks in advance

Duane

fish

That sounds easy . I dont have to give them anything else?

Thanks Duane

I have both these animals in my tank so I'll tell you what works for me. Lawn mower Blennies typically only eat algea. They have also been known to eat Nori with a little patience ( you can get this at oriental grocery store ) Warning on the Blennie cause' I did'nt know this when I got mine. They have been know to starve to death because of their exclusive eating habits.. so hopefully you have lots of algea in your tank. As for the yellow tang they will eat algea tabs I use sera premium Tabs. They are made of Spirulna algea. They stick to glass and gradually disolve throughout the day. Mine will occasionally eat frozen food too I use cyclopeeze. Yellow Tangs will eat and should eat a variety of things but primarly algea. HTH

My yellow tang will eat my fingers if they would rip off easily, seriously he nips at them when i reach for the algae clip, but i feed it a strip of Seaweed Selects daily, sometimes twice, Formula 1 and 2, Mysis Shrimp, Krill, Zooplankton, and anything else on the menu. As for my Lawnmower Blenny named Lenny, he starved to death because after he devoured all of the algae in my tank, and all of the algae covered live rocks i had to purchase to sustain him, he refused to eat anything else. As much as i love Lawnmowers, I wouldn't purchase another one unless i converted my swimming pool into an artificial reef and waited a good ten years for enough algae growth to keep the Lawnmower belly full and happy. On the other hand, i have a friend who has a fat and happy Lawnmower in their tank the last two years and eats anything she drops in the tank, along with algae. So I guess my point is, who the hell knows with Lawnmowers, hopefully you've got yourself a good one.

mine does just fine with everything in the tank he seems oblivious to everything other then grazing on the rocks. he does eat off my snails shells (my snails have algea growing on em ) so its possibile he could knock over a snail. My Blennie pretty much goes where ever he wants to regardless of whos there also. My CBS walks over him and he dosnt seem fazed by it at all. No problems that I know of

Back
Top Bottom