Tang choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sohal's gets very big,,so do naso's

Regals are good looking tangs ,,,i think you'd be happy with it
They can get pretty big too...i never owned one ,,but people say they are one of the fastest growing tangs.

achilles tangs <3 they are so beautiful but they require alot of work and 180g even though they onyl get to abotu 9 inches, they also require alot of flow as they usually live i nhigh flow waters

achilles tangs <3 they are so beautiful but they require alot of work and 180g even though they onyl get to abotu 9 inches, they also require alot of flow as they usually live i nhigh flow waters

not to mention their pretty expensive too lol

speaking of tangs one of the lfs had one of those rare black tangs they wanted 800 dollars for it lol

When you look to add tangs it`s best to add tangs with different colors and body shapes. I would think that the addition of a hippo or blue tang would be a good idea with a yellow tang. Different body shapes is always a good idea.

it looks liek a black yellow tang

edit: i just looked on my LFS website and they want $550 for a small one and $650 for a larger one. i would never buy one at that price, might as well dye a yellow tang black and hope it lives

Last edited:
yea exactly how offten do you see a black yellow tang thats why its rare

so not worth it. if you reread my last post i edited it, it would probably be cheaper to keep the yellow alive :p

Ive read on many respected websites that a 100-125 will be fine for a blue tang as long as its not overstocked with a lot of avid swimers like tangs

Good luck with adding another tang after having a yellow one in for so long

I'm hoping to get one thats close in size to the one I have, and wishing for the best. The tank is pretty big so I think they can make do. :)

I'm probably gonna get a blue tang, depends on what they have in stock tomorrow.

I'm thinking on putting the fish in the 55g for a bit to make sure he is ok. Theres minimal live rock but I think I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's been quite awhile since the other fish died so I think I'm ready to slowly restock.

Back
Top Bottom