Tang compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YELLOWLT1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am interested in getting a Powder Blue and a Purple Tang in my 125 gallon aquarium. I have read that you can get more than 1 tang in an aquarium, if they are of a different genus; which they are. I also know that the Purple Tang is one of the most belligerent of these fishes :twisted: Anyone had any luck on these 2?

I have kept a purple and a yellow in the past with success, but one can never say for sure what will happen. your tank is prety big so that will help. If you have a lot of LR you could re-arrange that so they can find their own territory. It is a good idea to build two reefs, one on each side of the tank with a gourge in the middle. Thia way they can both ave their own pile of rock. Good luck...Lando

I have a huge purple tang and he is very passive. The only time he has ever acted up was when I added him. Usually you would think adding two fish at the same time would be ideal, however he destroyed a Blue mandrin I added at the same time. Six weeks later he is now 100% docile. I think Purples are cool so long as the other fish doesn't look like a purple shapewise.

Back
Top Bottom