tang compatability and hardiness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philc21

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi i was just wondering if it would be possible to keep a juvenile purple tang and a juvenile hippo tang together or would they fight i also was just wondering the hardiness of a naso tang im tryin to figure out wut i want to put in my next tank if n e one could help it would be greatly apopreciated

Depends on the size of the tank but I would not suggest it in anything less than a 125 gal. Even that will eventually become small for these two fish but they will have a few years before that comes to pass.

Cheers
Steve

I agree with Steve on the tangs, they need a lot of swimming room and can become agressive towards other tangs when they get bigger especially if space is limited.

philc21 said:
i also was just wondering the hardiness of a naso tang

I believe I read on wetwebmedia that specimens larger than 3-4" adjust fairly well to aquariums and are pretty hardy. For some reason I remember the article stating something like specimens of less than 4 inches only have a 25% chance of acclimating to an aquarium.

I keep 4 tangs in my 125. 3 Yellows, and 1 palani. As far as agression goes I have no problems. Just add them at the same time, or add the largest fish last.

Tangs are normally very aggressive towards other tangs if not given plenty of room to swim and grow,Especially tangs with similar colors tend to fight and be aggressive towards each other. I agree on the comments made about the Naso tang I had a smaller naso tang and it did not do so well , larger species of the fish tend to be more hardy. :D

Back
Top Bottom