Tang compatibility?? Fish List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovetoreef

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello,
i just found this site and i think i will love it! at any rate, i am planning a 210 gallon reef tank (72x24x29), mixed sps and lps and softies - trying to come up with a realistic fish list, any advice you guys can give me on this would be awesome! thanks in advance!

purple tang
regal blue tang
six line wrasse
2 pecula clowns
royal gramma
mandarin goby
heniochus butterflies (2) - i am diligently trying to find out if these guys will work!!

my main concern is the 2 tangs and the butterflies - thanks and i will appreciate any advice you can give. best of luck.

gerard

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com :)

Your intended fish list looks okay. The heni's will depend on the species you choose but the Heniochus acuminatus would probabley be the safest and easiest bet. The main concern you will have is 4 large growing fish that may eventually cause possible aggression. I would suggest you either start with the two bannerfish and then add one of the two tangs and see how it goes or the tangs and then guage if the Heni's will fit in. My personal suggestion is start with the Heni's.

I would also hold off on the mandarin as the last addition to ensure the tank is well matured and supports a large pod population to feed it.

I would definately suggest reading through our article section, especially the part on quarantine.

Cheers
Steve

Welcome to AA!! Nice to have you aboard. As for the fish, I agree with Steve-s...Start with the heni's first. Be vary careful wich species you get. As Steve-s mentioned the h. acuminutas are considered reef safe, but they are the only ones. I would put in the purple tank last as it will probablly be the most agressive. Good Luck! Lando

Back
Top Bottom