Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks guys! I did hear that the chiller was needed, but i was told that because i live in Southern California, the temp wont fluctuate very much and the built in fans will do the job! I like the fact that it is very Clean looking, and it is compact and easy to use for my parents when i go to college. I am not very big on modifications anyways so i dont think i will want to on the 66 gallon tank. We got a deal (brand new white one for 1200 when it is usually around 1700) should i go for it?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post
Thanks guys! I did hear that the chiller was needed, but i was told that because i live in Southern California, the temp wont fluctuate very much and the built in fans will do the job! I like the fact that it is very Clean looking, and it is compact and easy to use for my parents when i go to college. I am not very big on modifications anyways so i dont think i will want to on the 66 gallon tank. We got a deal (brand new white one for 1200 when it is usually around 1700) should i go for it?
Wow that is a tough ? to answer. Really you are the only one that can answer that. It seems your heart is set on it and if so that is a good price.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol okay rick, if you had 1200 to spend on a tank would you go with this one, or construct your own? haha i really appreciate your advice, this is a hard decision for a kid to make.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

$1200? I hope this isn't the price for a used tank.

Honest question, not snarking at all.... do your parents know that you expect them to care for your reef tank when you go to college? When I went away to college I came home just a few times a year. Is it really fair to expect them to take on a tank that is your responsibility?
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama
$1200? I hope this isn't the price for a used tank.

Honest question, not snarking at all.... do your parents know that you expect them to care for your reef tank when you go to college? When I went away to college I came home just a few times a year. Is it really fair to expect them to take on a tank that is your responsibility?
Nope it is brand new! And yes i know, i have told them about it. They said that if i got this tank (because it is so simple) they would be able to maintain is, and they know how much work it is. Maybe they would hire someone to maintian it for them because they really do like saltwater tanks and its not just my brother and i.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tank of the Month Award

Have you shopped at all on CL? Your limited on that tank. There are a lot of tanks out there with complete systems in your price range and more towards 90 to 150 gals. I've bought and sold over 10 tanks on CL. That's how I've worked may way up to a 450 gal.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya i know what you guys mean, its just this. My parents dont like my tank because it looks "messy" and what they mean by that is the light is open, the filters are on the back, there are wires everywhere, etc etc. this tank is very compact, easy, and a dream to use. When i go to collage in 2 years i want something that my parents will be able to handle, and a 90 gal with a sump is not something they would keep. They would sell that ish on craigslist the day i left the house. With this tank it will e easy to maintain, and my parents will know how to maintain it as well. Thats just my side haha
Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

So i wouldnt be able to keep a bicolor angel and small kole tang in the same tank? I would suppliment their food and feed algea and seaweed if i needed to! Haha
Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

$1200 is bit expensive. Search CL like the others said and a deal is bound to come along. Look for established systems and get a canopy so it looks sleek.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim
$1200 is bit expensive. Search CL like the others said and a deal is bound to come along. Look for established systems and get a canopy so it looks sleek.
Yea i have been searching for a while, but this has everything and i am kinda dont buying used stuff. It always breaks on me and it gets annoying

Tags
6 gallon, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com