Tang for a 66 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! So, on LA i dont think it says which are compatible whith other types of wrasse? I'd love to get 2 different types. Which two could live together?

Only way anything is getting out of this tank is if we accidentally leave the hood open...the thing is a MONSTER

I've heard that mystery wrasse are aggressive toward other wrasse. Can anyone confirm or refute?

Last edited:
I am not a huge fan of wrasses. I am not sure, they just dont really appeal to me. I assume all fox face fish are not reef compatable :(

Foxface lo is the easiest to find, it's definitely on the large side for a tank this size (I wouldn't do it) and, you probably already knew, but this fish is venomous.

*edit* LA says this one is reef compatible with caution. IMO that usually means not a good idea. LOL

Bummer, the lo is really cool.

Ok, i dont know much about the schooling bannerfish except for what i found on LA...seems like maybe thatd work? The tank is tall, so that would work better. It seems to get quite large though

Nu-Nu, have you seen the Exquisite Fairy Wrasse? I got one the other day from the LFS. They'd had it for months, and no one would buy it because it was drab and skittish and seemed depressed. Well, plop it into a tank 3 times that size and give it some stability, and he is my unexpected centerpiece fish!
Always moving, graceful, elegant, playful, entertaining... And the color! Pink head, blue shoulder, green body, stripes and spots... I love this fish!

Wow thats an amazing fish..... I really like it!! Thank you for that great suggestion!

You're welcome! It always seems to slip through the cracks. I never would have thought of it if I hadn't seen it at the store. She gave me a discount because it had been there so long.

Great find! Haha i likethat wrasse and i like the schooling banner fish! Any knowledge on them? :)

Alright guys so the tank has been all set up! Lights, pumps, fans, skimmer, hood, power cabels and station is all ready! :) took a while but the tank is looking great so far! We are still thinking about what to put inside it... So far we are considering an exquisite fairy wrasse, schooling bannerfish, yellow head jawfish (with a dsb) still debating the flame angel. We do not have a quarentine... Will this cause problems? Thanks!

The fairy wrasse is very ich resistant, but I'd still quarantine anything you get. Even if it's just a 20 gallon tank with plastic deco for a few weeks, better safe than sorry.

Which of them is most likely to get ich? I cant really have a qt, i am only allowed one tank and i want set up another one for a qt... Darn :(

Of those... I'd say the bannerfish and flame angel are more likely to carry ich than the wrasse or jawfish. Wrasses, gobies, and jawfish tend to be fairly resilient. That being said, my neon goby did get ich briefly, but it fought it off in just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom