Tang growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have this yelow tang first fish i got about 3 years ago he has barley grown he is about 3 1/2- -4 inches how come he grows so slow dont get me wrong i am happy he is staying smaller but i was just wondering

In most tanks the fish will not get to full size. Size of tank has a little to do with this

However, I've seen tanks with large fish that don't seem to grow. Just seems that they might grow to their environment maybe. Larger in the ocean, of course. Still, and IMO, a yellow tang is gonna be too large for a 60 - if he grows that is.

Just think, when you get that 125g, he's gonna be just fine. :wink:

I am hopping to get a bigger tank then a 125 but not for a while cause i am broke at the moment but i am happy he is staying small thanks

this isnt totally related to this... but i didnt feel like making a new topic

the LFS has a bunch of blue hippo babies (they are like 3/4 inch) and i was wondering if you think I could raise one in a 20 gallon tank for about 6 months. (im getting a 180 gallon) I wouldnt want to put him in my 45 gal now for fear of him being picked on by my bigger fish. So i guess main question is... do you think blue hippos grow slowly as well? and would he be able to manage in a small tank for 6 months?

Back
Top Bottom