Tang help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I can't decide if I want to get a yellow eyed kole or a tomini. If anyone has experience with them please help. Thanks

I can't say from experience with either of these, but these are exactly the 2 I want to decide between for my tank as well. From hearsay, they are very similar in terms of behavior...

What size tank do you have, and what other fish are in it?

Have a 36 now but upgrading to a 150 very soon and I have

2 clowns
And 1 orange stripe prawn goby
And a clean up crew. I also have a frogspawn and a nepthea tree

As long as you are upgrading I would go with the yellow eyed kole tang. They are very hardy and I`ve had one for all fifteen yrs I had my tank.

029.jpg

Ok that seem really cool and my lfs got some babies in so ill prob get one

Have had a yellow eye in my 90 for two weeks now and he is the life of the party. The fish I wanted to get since the beginning. So I am very happy.

I've seen a couple Tominis with bright orange that looked really cool. Most of the time they are kinda dull looking (at least the ones I've seen). If I could find one of those, that would be my pick given those choices. I don't think you can go wrong.

I actually want to get a mimic eibli tang.

Those Momics are very cool!! But I went to the store and they had baby yellow tangs... (I know what your thinking tang police) so anyways. They said that if I upgrade in the future (which I am) that it would be ok so I might be getting a yellow!!!

Not the tang police (had a yellow in a 90 years ago) but a 36 is way to small even for a baby. Just let it sit in a aquarium shop for a month (similar sized tank) and watch how stressed/sick it gets.

Back
Top Bottom