Tang like fish for 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kole tang could work depending what other fish you have. I like Tomini more as it seems to be more gracious swimmer but Kole tang has nice coloration.
I have tried several dwarf angels and Cherub was the only one that didn't nip at corals. Others I had tried were coral beauty and eibli. Both went after my brain coral. Lemonpeel I didn't even dare to touch after watching a couple of YouTube videos.

I have 2 clowns and 3 chromis and an azure damsel iv just gotta see if my LFS can get them in as they aren't common stock to have

That's a pretty decent bioload as it is but a small bristletooth tang could probably work as your last fish. Another thing you can do is add one of the larger fairy wrasses instead. For example, a red velvet fairy wrasse has nice colors and grows up to 4".

I have a kole tang in my 57 gal and he seems pretty happy. He eats like a pig and grazes all day, so make sure you have plenty of rock.

I have no experience with them but live aquaria say 125 gal min; so I'd say that's a no go

A 55 just isn't enough for a tang. A 90 is the smallest id go. For a tang 'look' I'd go for a dwarf angel. I have a coral beauty that is quite reef safe in my tank, though it can vary.

Back
Top Bottom