Tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Now let me start by saying that i realize most tangs need at least a 4 foot tank, 6 is reccomended and if i find out that what im asking is only possible by causing harm/discomfort to the fish then i will not do it.

My question is that i was wondering how fast blue hippos grow. my lfs gets them in at barely the size of a half dollar, my tank is 3 feet long. how long could i keep it happily before it outgrew my tank? If i cannot keep a blue hippo, are there any colorful tangs that will remain happy in a 3 foot long? jw and thanks for the help

It does not matter how big or small they are. They need a 6 ft tank. They need plenty of horizontal swimming room. By putting them in a small tank you are stunting growth and causing harm to the immune system.

yea thats what i thought unfortunately. alright ill take my chances with the coral picking flame angel then :p thanks

I feel that here are some smaller tanga out there that you could keep I'n a 3 footer. I had one I'n a 60 gal for the longest ( yello tang)

Generally none are recommended for a 3 footer. But yellow eye kole tangs are recommended for 4 foot. Definitely not yellow tangs.

I personally would not have any tangs in a three foot tank. In a four foot only a yellow eyed Kole tang or one of the other bristle tooth tangs. A 6 ft is the best option.

Back
Top Bottom