Tang rescue and tank upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tomchong22

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So awhile back I rescued a yellow tang from a person off Craigslist list. He had the tank in a small 20gall tank. I decided to take him and put it in my 60gall tank till I could find somebody from the local reef club to take him. So far no luck. Well long story short the same thing happened today with a salfin tang. My question is how long will they be able to stay in my 60gal with out getting stressed? Each tang is about 4in. I am getting a 125gall 6th tank in December. Will they be ok till then or do I need to upgrade sooner? As in October.

While your heart is for sure in the right place you might have to stop rescuing fish. LOL At 4" they are pretty big already. The sooner the better. maybe you can go fowlr for the time being and go from there. Would def be cheaper and give the tangs the best possible survival chance.

i saw a yellow tang in a 29 the other day and was so tempted.....and a blue in a 40g ...some people just have no common sense I swear...

I know. In each case the person was selling everything so I went to get some rock.. Well I asked each person about the tangs and they said well if you don't take them I was going to flush them. It was kind of a forced situation lol. So all in all do u think they will be ok for a few months? The tank is 48"long with plenty of open water to swimm. I re arranged the Rock to stack it against the back wall to open up some space still with plenty or hiding spaces.

I think in my opinion for the immediate future they should be ok. I would start searching for a 125g as soon as possible though. You may find a stellar deal on craigslist and even if you just have the tank youre one step closer. But the sooner the better.

Ok. I was checking at my lfs and for just a tank stand and canopy they want $500. I'm looking for around $100-$300 ish

I got my 125g with stand and lights for $100. It can be done, just gotta be in the right place at the right time. I have an app on my phone that notifies me when ever something that matches my criteria key words hits so I have a good shot at getting in first.

What area of the country are you in? i find great deals every single day here in florida but I'm totally out of tank space.

Up in Iowa. I'm hoping after macna this year people will wan to upgrade from a 125 to 180 and up

Back
Top Bottom