Tang time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
Post your tang pics here and your experince with tangs. And if anybody had a question about a certin tang ask away.

Well, my pics aren't great but here is my yellow tang. I find them to be very personable and hardy. This one is an eating machine. He was a bit thin when I got him (which is when this pic was taken) but he's made up for lost time.

I have a purple, regal, sailfin, and convict tang in my tank. The convict is the most personable fish I have. When I put nori in the tank it cleans the old nori from the clip for me so I can replace it. It also rubs against my hand regularly when I feed it.

Attachments

• convict2.jpg
    convict2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 46
I have a sailfin,yellow and Kole. I haven`t figured out how to put pics on post yet, sorry but I`m retarded, :D but I do have pics of all three in my gallery. check them out.

Brenden said:
When I put nori in the tank it cleans the old nori from the clip for me so I can replace it. It also rubs against my hand regularly when I feed it.

That it very cool.

My tennitti tang loves to chase bubbles.

Attachments

• lttang.jpg
    lttang.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 80
I have had a yellow and returned him because he bullied the other tank mates... luck of the draw I guess... so I got juvi Kole and a juvi Regal which were tank mates for years and I loved them both. My hippo was a family tank fav. but my Kole was my personal fav of all time... FUNNY FUN FISH! When I get a bigger tank, I hope to have another Kole and Hippo tang together.

I would like to add one or two more tangs to my tank before the purple tang get to territorial. Any suggestions?

My vote would be a pbt or an achilles... I just bought a achilles and he is now in my qt tank. He is eating flake food for me, but he does have ich...

Here's a photo of my sailfin from last January. He likes to nibble on the nori as I'm placing the clip back in the tank. This is one fast fish. Make me wish I had a bigger (longer) tank for him to swim in. I'm also amazed at how he squeezes through rock openings.

Attachments

• 8a1-sailfin.jpg
    8a1-sailfin.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 33
Purple Tang

I've had this purple tang for about 2.5 years and he is a great fish.
Very hardy, eats whatever is given and has no problems with the other fish.

Is a very active swimmer. When I introduced my clown the 3 stripe devil was dive bombing him, the tang actually would swim between them to chill things out.

Comes highly reccomended.

Attachments

• purple_tang.jpg
    purple_tang.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 49
When I bought my sailfin I was also planning to buy a pbt. The owner said I did not want to do that. Told me the pbt was too aggressive and would cause problems in my tank. I figured it was money out of his pocket, so I took his word for it. The achilles is definitely one I am looking at. They had one at the LFS a while back. I was waiting to see if it ate before I purchased it but someone came in a bought it. Achilles, yellow and chevron are 3 I am seriously considering. How old does a chevron get before it loses its color?

The pbt is aggressive if its not the last fish in the tank. Mine got along great with my other tang and the other fish, but when I put in my multicolor the pbt went after it. It took a few days for him to settle down. Things were never the same so I took him out.

Back
Top Bottom