tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then no. Very few tangs belong in a 70g with most needing at least 75g and up.

Animals grow, your tank does not. Eventually they will stress from not having enough space to maneuver, being crowded by other over-sized tangs, and eventual spinal deformities, disease, and lesions will appear on top of trying to keep your water chemistry in good form.

You will be lucky if they last two years let alone one...eventually, tides will turn against you. Some rules aren't meant to be broken ;)

but i already had 2 tangs for a month and i just want to know if i could add a third one

I would not even recommend the 2 you have in your tank now. a 3rd I think they'll get to stress out just like the other said. IMO Tangs should be kepted in 100 Gallons or more They need a lot of swimming an open water to move around. I mean you can or might get away with one but depending on your Livestock. Just look at it like this You ever been into a Crowded mall before? It's a lot of stress trying to get threw too where your trying to go.... JMO

but i already had 2 tangs for a month and i just want to know if i could add a third one

You say that you have two already for a month. When fish are put in crampped quarters things dont happen right away. But after a while all of a sudden then you`ll see your fish start to develope health problems. It`s not we dont want you to have so many tangs, we just dont want to see a post by you later on titled "Why are my fish dying". Dont think for a second that just because you`ve made it a month that you`ll make it forever. The laws and rules of SW aquaria move slowly but they move surely.

Back
Top Bottom