Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mousemat72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im thinking of getting a powder blue tang and dont want to introduce ws into my main tank ! Any new fish i buy i qt and treat with cuprazine to be safe but heard not to use any coper base with tangs any advice on how to qt would be great thanks?

I just kept my tangs in a regular tank with no medication for the qt time. How big is your main tank? The powder blue is kinda big. :)

I only qt'd for 3 weeks though but other than some color loss on my blue tang they did very well in QT and the blue tang got his color back about 3 days in.

Hope that helps a little.

I have to say it, sorry, but unless that is a 6 foot tank you probably should reconsider that tang. They do an intense amount of swimming around and do get big. But I will get off my soapbox now, LOL, I just have to give my opinion.

But yep, qt should be easy unless the fish comes down with something. Then you can go from there. But hopefully you will be good.

I wish you luck!

Ok might av to look for something else lol they are a beautiful fish tough ! Could get a few year out of a small one or maybe in time upgrade to a bigger tank lol but thanks for all advice

You can chose different tangs. :) I have a blue, yellow and tomini in my 125g. The bristletooth tangs need only a 75g tank or so, as well as the Kole tang. Have you looked at the tangs at Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums ? Lots of choices there and ideas. :)

I don't think it will suffer for awhile in a 100g tank, but at some point it will get pretty big and that might be when you need to explore upgrade options.

Theres a lot of opinions on tangs and tank size, me, I like to err on the side of caution, I don't want to cause a fish to suffer cause I "want" one LOL. But if your stocking isn't bad and you have the proper tank parameters there's no reason why you can't have a tang.

Back
Top Bottom