Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
What tang would be much more less aggressive and doesn't have problems with iCh like the blue hippo tang

The copperbanded butterfly may be a problem and depending on the species the trigger may be highly aggressive.

What tang would be much more less aggressive and doesn't have problems with iCh like the blue hippo tang
Yellow Tang is popular because it is very colorful. It is less aggressive and can get along well with other fish. It is less susceptible to ich compared with blue hippo tang. It also likes to clean up your tank with algae.

Tangs in general are more susceptible to things like Ich due to having a naturally thin slime coat. That combined with the fact that many get put in tanks that are too small (stresses the fish) is a bad combination. I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything scientific showing that one type is more or less likely to get Ich (or anything else).

No need for scientific fact for susceptibility to ich. Experienced aquarists know that tang gets stressed easily and that is when ich starts the attack.

I think that It depends on the size tank. What size tank do you have?

Most Tangs are considered semi-aggressive. Their behavior often depends on tankmates and the environment they are placed in. If the OP does not have a 6' tank, I would suggest something like a Tomini, Two Spot or Kole if they are in the 75g ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom