Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
How many tangs can u have in a 265 gallon reef tank, I have a regal and a sailfin now, will it be safe to add a powder brown and black tang as well or even a purple tang or a sohal tang?

How many tangs can u have in a 265 gallon reef tank, I have a regal and a sailfin now, will it be safe to add a powder brown and black tang as well or even a purple tang or a sohal tang?

The powder brown, black and purple should be fine. That tank is to small for a sohal. Just make sure to watch for aggression between the black, sailfin and purple.

The more fish you add, especially tangs, the more risk you will take, with aggression, stress, pollution...The water will get dirty faster. It's hard to say if things will be ok, but Just a FYI- I had 3 tangs and a foxface in my 300, and I felt that it was a bit crowded.

I have 6 pretty old tangs in my 300, but they tend to be the smaller varieties. I have no more room and as mentioned, they require a lot of filtration.

Back
Top Bottom