Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #111
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree Todd. That's pretty much what Greg posted in the first page. That's advice and I like that. I don't like how some people just say no it cannot be done and that's the way it is. This is not advice. Advice requires information and leads to an explanation with reasoning behind it. Yes or no answers are not advice, they are opinions.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:46 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

The only thing is that the bigger you go the bigger it will hurt your pocket. I go for the optimum.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think my issue is that most people say "I plan on upgrading so ill get a fish that shouldn't be in my tank full grown because he's smaller." Problem is most people don't ever get the chance, circumstances happen beyond control, or get tired with the hobby and it never happens. What now? We leave the fish to suffer for our enjoyment? That is what I have a problem with. If the fact is you have a larger tank in process or have the money just waiting in it or something like that good. At least you could qt your fish before new tank is set up. It's just most people don't ever do the "upgrade".
Old 07-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Jeff, what are the dimensions of your 60g?
Old 07-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsfishy View Post
Jeff, what are the dimensions of your 60g?
I know where you are heading to that question and yes it's not a 6' tank. But before you even say anything, I would like to tell you this. We know that tang has thin protective coat and once stressed it is the most susceptible fish to get ich. When they get sick we treat them on a 10 gal tank by either medication or hypo salinity. Either way doesn't it tells you that they can live, survive and get better in a 10 gal tank? So why would anyone say it will not make it in a 60 gal tank? The important thing is, you don't get the fish stressed and you don't import parasites into your tank. Avoid over stocking and If you know what steps to take when they get sick then I would say go for it. I have very minimal livestock as you can see on page 8 video.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com