Tangs in a 90 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a yellow tang and a regal tang in a 90 gal. reef

i want to add a powder blue tang, i thought this was impossible because of territorial disputes

but recently i have discovered that quite a bit of people in this forum have 3 tangs in a smaller tanks.

if you do please speek up and tell me if you have had succes with them

my parameters are perfect

I have not had experience with more than one tang in one tank at a time, however it might be worth noting that when fish are young they are frequently less aggressive than adults, and there are also people who keep bettas in cups. The people who keep more than one tang in a smaller tank might not be aware, or they may be planning to upgrade.

The yellow is ususally on of the last tangs added when more than one. Be careful. Mine is very territorial and beats up on a foxface rabbitfish - prolly 'cause its yellow too and is flat.

I am returning the foxface, removing the yellow to the QT for 3 weeks timeout, re-arranging the rocks, and adding a yellow-eyed kole.

Is your tank old enuf to sustain the bio-load increase? I wouldn't do a third, but if you do, I'd think the new tang would have to be bigger than the yellow also. Again, back to the sustainable bio-load question. Also there's the issue of swimming room for 3 and the stress it may cause down the road - or immediately when it gets tight.

Back
Top Bottom