Tangs - Tomini or Kole Yellow Eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are all entitled to our opinions. I just dont understand how liveaquaria lists a tomini at 70g and people put them in 75g tanks all the time... Yet youre saying a yellow tang in a 110 isnt .

We are all entitled to our opinions. I just dont understand how liveaquaria lists a tomini at 70g and people put them in 75g tanks all the time... Yet youre saying a yellow tang in a 110 isnt .

Look at the difference in a full grown yellow and a full grown tomini. It's a very large difference. A yellow in a 6 foot 125 would be alright but far from sufficient I'm my opinion. Nobody bashed your opinion I'd appreciate the same courtesy.

Im sorry if you felt i was bashing your opinion. I just dont understand the reasoning. but fair enough. What i stock in my tank doesnt affect you and vice versa. All is good

Im sorry if you felt i was bashing your opinion. I just dont understand the reasoning. but fair enough. What i stock in my tank doesnt affect you and vice versa. All is good

To be fair huma I wasn't giving you advice on your tank. I was talking to the OP who agreed that his tank wasn't sufficient for a yellow tang.

OK, regarding the yellow tang, the 100 gal tank is a 5 ft tank. I have a 4 ft tank (yes, I know 110>100, but its about length).

Anyhoo, I went with a Tomini tang, I liked the colour and he is a bristletooth, which is what I was hoping for. I'll keep my eye out for a Whitetail, but I guess they're rare and expensive. He's in my 30 gal QT for a few weeks and eating well. I have put a few rock with some algae growing in there and he started eating right away.

OK, regarding the yellow tang, the 100 gal tank is a 5 ft tank. I have a 4 ft tank (yes, I know 110>100, but its about length).

Anyhoo, I went with a Tomini tang, I liked the colour and he is a bristletooth, which is what I was hoping for. I'll keep my eye out for a Whitetail, but I guess they're rare and expensive. He's in my 30 gal QT for a few weeks and eating well. I have put a few rock with some algae growing in there and he started eating right away.

Good choice.

I just picked up a yellow eye this weekend. I love his colors. I also have an orange shoulder and a yellow. I'm hoping to get a white cheek next month.

I'm 3 months into a 75 upgrade and I'm already thinking about going bigger lol.. Terrible.

The kole is on the list for my last fish to add. (for this tank at least)

Nice, my 135g is my first tank. I'm building a 20g tall with 29g sump right now. I want the white cheek and blue. Then I'll be done. I'll probably top off my chronies and anthias

My 72" 125 was absolutely huge when i first got it.... Now in eying up 300g+ tanks.... This is def an addiction

Back
Top Bottom