Tangs - Tomini or Kole Yellow Eye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ingy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I am finally ready to get my tang. I was really trying to get a Whitetail Bristletooth Tang, but alas, I cannot get one here in BC. However a LFS an hour north of me has 2 tangs that would suit my 110G tank. A Kole Yellow Eye and a gold Tip Tomini Bristletooth. I'm heading up there next week and would like to pick one up then. They have texted me a pic of the Kole but can't get one of the tomini. But the pic is poor.:facepalm:

Any Pics you may have would be greatly appreciated.

QT tank is up and running and ready for a fish. :dance:

Love my yellow eye kole. Life of the tank. Also every time I walk up to the tank he thinks I am about to feed - and he poops. Really quite funny.

My three tangs. My yellow eye is in the middle.

029.jpg

I've had my Flame Fin Tang for roughly 2yrs and gotta tell you they are sweet. Vibrant white tail awesome orange fins and stay small. Mine is 5". Eats like a champ, I'll send you pic when lights go on later.

110 is ok for a yellow tang.

I disagree. Maybe if it was a small yellow tang but a full grown yellow tang is like a dinner plate trying to maneuver in a 4ft tank. My 210 has a nearly full grown yellow tang in it and it looks too small for him when it gets active and excited. He will be traded for another smaller fish soon because Im afraid he will stress. I've had him for 2 years.

I read that too. MINIMUM tank size. I can live in solitary confinement in a prison for 23 hours a day in a box that is 8 foot square. But how healthy would I be? Instead of relying so much on what minimum tank sizes are how about a little common sense. Why punish a fish in solitary confinement? Do what you want I'm just saying its foolish to put a yellow In a 4ft tank and be prepared to QT everything when the fish's stress cause an ich outbreak or something worse.

But what info or experience do you have to back that up? If we are going by thw same logic then a kole tang pr bristletooth tang isnt suitable for either. Liveaquaria doesnt base their minimum tabk size off of "oh whats the smallest tank size this fish can suffer in without dying". They base it off their knowledge of the fishes swimming hanits and full grown sizs. Minimum tank sizes are what they feel the fish can live in comfortably.... Not suffer through.

But what info or experience do you have to back that up? If we are going by thw same logic then a kole tang pr bristletooth tang isnt suitable for either. Liveaquaria doesnt base their minimum tabk size off of "oh whats the smallest tank size this fish can suffer in without dying". They base it off their knowledge of the fishes swimming hanits and full grown sizs. Minimum tank sizes are what they feel the fish can live in comfortably.... Not suffer through.

I have plenty of experience to back that up. It's simple....stick your dinner plate in a 4ft tank and tell me how that looks to be comfortable for a yellow tang. A tomini is a different shape all together and only reaches 5-6" so they can easily go between and under rocks and other obstacles a full grown yellow can usually only swim in open water and a tank smaller than 6 foot doesn't offer much open water once rocks and equipment are put in.

Back
Top Bottom