tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it is a very nice start! I agree that more lighting would help a lot but you are well on your way!

I would move that piece of branching dead coral. It is a nice piece, but it is jsut sort of laying there on top like someone tossed it into the tank randomly.

Also, are those rocks at the base of the formation sitting directly on the surface of the sand, or on the bottom of the tank?

I am pretty sure you wouldn't approve of the PBT in my tank either ;)

He has a happy home waiting for him when he gets a bit bigger, largely because of advice from this site.

how long has your tank been running?

its a little plane add some colourful corals!!!

I agree with Patroklos move the branch it doesn't look natural. The rock should be on the glass bottom NOT on the sand (if it is).

I agree with all where more lighting will make the tank look better. Also, when you setup the rock I think placing it directly on the glass will prevent issues of rocks falling especially if you get any animals the dig in the sand or rearrange rockwork such as an eel or trigger. Other wise I think your tank looks good with the swimthroughs, caves, etc. Good job!!!

One of the hardest things to do is the aquascaping with the rocks! It looks so easy when other people have nice set ups, doesn't it? Even on my little pico I've rearranged my rocks 5-6 times in just a few months. So, you might want to think about varying your formations with the rock that you have. I like the bridges/arch work that you created. Maybe consider adding/building some tall formations and some flat and long areas so that you have more visual differences in the tank. Does that make sense? It looks like you have some nice pieces to work with. Just make sure everything is stable so it doesn't have a possibility of collapsing. Most importantly, it's your tank. Do what makes you happy! The fun of this hobby is adding on and creating as you go! Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom