Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-13-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
Tank Changes and Updates

On advice from the lovely people at this forum here are the changes that I have made to my 20 gal tank....

I have removed my UGF, ordered a CPR BakPak, changed from crushed coral over to sand. I also purchased 2 lbs of live sand from my LFS. I'm going to give it awhile and then add some more live rock. (I have 10 lbs. as we speak, was thinking of adding another 10-15 lbs.)

And then after things settle a bit, I'll be getting my clowns! I was thinking about 2 ocellaris or 2 percula. But I have to admit that the maroon clowns they had the LFS were AMAZING! They were barely an inch long, and so CUTE! *sigh* Tempting... but not sure if I want to deal with such an agressive fish.

DO you think I'd be able to add a third fish? (was thinking a blenny or a goby) Or would that be too much bioload for my tank?

Marlin: Okay, a mollusk walks up to this sea cucumber, well he doesn't actually walk, he's just there, and he turns to the sea cucumber, and... Well, wait, there's a mollusk and a sea cucumber and...
Chum: You know for a clown fish, he's not that funny.
Ayesha97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
I think three would be fine since they are all small fish, however I would look into a clown/coral goby of family gobiodon because they are very small, only about 1.5" full grown. The citron clown gobies are amazing for color and personality and I doubt it would add any noticable bio-load. After that though I think you will find your maxed out. 3 fish in a 20 gallon will require discipline with feeding and ensuring your parameters are in line, however I started with a 20 gallon and had a lot of success and im sure you will to. Take care and best of luck.

Here's to swimmin with bowlegged women.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
yep, you would be ok with a couple clowns and a blenny. I would suggest either the perc or ocell clowns, I think the maroons can get big. With a stable DSB and 15-20 pounds of LR, you should be able to host those 3 without too much trouble, more than that and you'd have to be on your toes.
Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com