Tank cloudy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skae310

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has recently just gotten slightly cloudy. It probably wouldnt even be enough to notice for people who don't see my tank regularly, but I can notice it. I havent been running carbon lately, so i plan to do that when I can get some, however I was wondering if it might be linked to my new ro/di unit... I just did my first water change with water from that two days ago. And everything was okay up until then. Checked nitrate and got 0. I can check anything else if you think it would help locate the problem. Ideas on why its getting cloudy?

Do you have a sump and do you do water changes there or through your DT?

I dont have a sump. The tank is only 14 gallons. I do water changes weekly from the DT and used to buy water from the LFS but with the water becoming more and more of a pain to get I just bought a rodi unit.

I must have clicked on someone else's tank information.
You may have to much flow. Try shutting the pump down for 1/2 hr and see it the water gets clearer.

How far ahead do you make up your saltwater? and how do you make it?

When you started your new RO/DI unit you threw the first 5 gallons away right. That`s recommended for new units. Anyway I would do some PWC`s and GAC.

nevermind. figured out what it was haha anyways what kind is best? I used to just use carbon from the biobags that come with the cube

Back
Top Bottom