Tank cycled, need to add fuge,have question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Apparently I missed the tank cycle ( happened in 3 weeks + or- a day)and I now have an offical occupant (Nemo # 3,180,999 lol, pic later) anyway since the tank has cycled what would happen if I add 20lbs of new Live sand to the new refuge and take two peices of LR from the main tank to put in there?(this was the original plan) Will this mess anything up?

Did you check your water parameters? If the tank has cycled you should be fine doing that. Make sure you check your water.

Brenden said:
Did you check your water parameters? If the tank has cycled you should be fine doing that. Make sure you check your water.

Just to be sure I took some water to my LFS and he got the same readings... He suggested I pick up a clown or damsel to see if there are any spikes and hes been there a week tomorrow and all is well (crosses fingers)... I was worried about adding that much new sand,not worried about putting the LR down there...

If you have had a fish in there for a week with no water issues I would not worry about it. You should not have any problems with adding sand. I added 150 lbs to my refugium with the system going. I only noticed a little clouding, but it was gone in a few hours.

Thats kool...I didnt want to disrupt it to much. This is my first marine tank and I want to be careful...

Back
Top Bottom