Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
tank filtration

what kind of filter/skimmer ect. should I use on my new 2 gallon nano tank besides live rock?

OceanMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I had a small Whisper microfilter (???) with the filter bag filled with crumbs of live rock. I rinsed the cartridge is salt water to clean debris without losing bio. For water changes, I just topped the tank to replace evaporated water and about once or twice a week I changed out a betta cup full of water and replaced it with the water from a larger reef system. Tank did great!! Use an AllGlass power compact that fits in incandescent fixtures. Puts off the equivelant of 50 watts. Great for newbie little anemones to even acropora frags. Plenty of lighting Baby fish did well. This was a display nano tank. Had to take a few things down cause we were popping the fuse too much...LOL. Supported quite a bit...skunk cleaner shrimp, sally lightfoot crab, a couple of little snails, a few reef hermits, and always had a single baby fish until it sold. A few little mushrooms and polyps, SPS coral frags, LPS coral frags...had a real tiny anemone no wider than my thumb nail and of course a couple strands of macro algae. Had a little tiny christmas tree coral right in the center of it all. It was a neatest little tank.
We, as a people, know so much more about outer space than we do about our own oceans. This lack of knowledge can very well spell the dangers that lay in wait for us.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote

filtration, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com