tank filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a small Whisper microfilter (???) with the filter bag filled with crumbs of live rock. I rinsed the cartridge is salt water to clean debris without losing bio. For water changes, I just topped the tank to replace evaporated water and about once or twice a week I changed out a betta cup full of water and replaced it with the water from a larger reef system. Tank did great!! Use an AllGlass power compact that fits in incandescent fixtures. Puts off the equivelant of 50 watts. Great for newbie little anemones to even acropora frags. Plenty of lighting :) Baby fish did well. This was a display nano tank. Had to take a few things down cause we were popping the fuse too much...LOL. Supported quite a bit...skunk cleaner shrimp, sally lightfoot crab, a couple of little snails, a few reef hermits, and always had a single baby fish until it sold. A few little mushrooms and polyps, SPS coral frags, LPS coral frags...had a real tiny anemone no wider than my thumb nail and of course a couple strands of macro algae. Had a little tiny christmas tree coral right in the center of it all. It was a neatest little tank.

Back
Top Bottom