Tank for a 60 cube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I always see people with tangs for their 57s, 40s, and also 60 cubes. Does anyone see trouble in keeping one in a 60 cube? (24x24x24)

Yes... They like length to cruise around. A 2" tank barely allows time to get going and they have to slow and turn. Even for smaller bristletooth Tangs, it is going to be stressful.

Yes... They like length to cruise around. A 2" tank barely allows time to get going and they have to slow and turn. Even for smaller bristletooth Tangs, it is going to be stressful.

Than how do people keep them in 57s and its fine? Only 36" long

You can keep a dog in your closet and it will live. It won't be happy though. I really don't want to get another Tang Police war going. Bottom line is any Tang in a 2" tank is going to cause problems in the long run. 6" works...something like a 3" or 4" cube (or at least length x width) could work...2" will cause stress and stress causes health issues eventually.

You can keep a dog in your closet and it will live. It won't be happy though. I really don't want to get another Tang Police war going. Bottom line is any Tang in a 2" tank is going to cause problems in the long run. 6" works...something like a 3" or 4" cube (or at least length x width) could work...2" will cause stress and stress causes health issues eventually.

I understand i was just wondering, i really dont think bad of the tang police, other people hate them for standing up for the fishes own good! I saw a guy at the lfs get a 5" yellow tang and he said he had a 34g and it would be fine but really who decides if a fish is gonna be ok in their tank size when they have no experience with it?

Some people...

Back
Top Bottom