Tank ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZdogpatch06

Aquarium Advice Freak
While I love my tank, it still seems a bit....bland. Any ideas to spruce it up? Not sure if marine plants would be an option. I don't see many people with them. Cheap coral options? Keep in mind I'm not running a skimmer, dunno if that could affect choices or not.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1404363318870.jpg
    1404363318870.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 137
What type of light are you running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Two 24 watt T5 lamps. One 10,000K and one blue light. Makes the brown sand bed algae go bonkers. Need to look into how to get rid of it :p

Ps I already run a phosphate remover in my hob.

Two 24 watt T5 lamps. One 10,000K and one blue light. Makes the brown sand bed algae go bonkers. Need to look into how to get rid of it :p

On what size tank?

Little old 25 gallon. 48 watts total.

With a dual t5ho setup at 20 inches you probably could only grow low light zoanthids, gsp and other low light corals.

Green star polyps would add color for sure. Xenia looks good as well. Up higher you may be able to do a hammer or Duncan coral.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got 9 kenya trees growing like there's no tomorrow right now. What brand / fixture should I look into for higher lighting?

I have a ocean revive s026 and it works great. If your on a budget it's a good choice or any of the other similar 120 watt fixtures just make sure they are dimmable and start them at a low setting.

might be too late since the tank is setup, but you can try painting the back of the tank (or at least get some blue or black aquarium background wallpaper).

I should add come color and draw attention away from the 'wall of white' you got there.

DefinTely paint the back black. IMO I would take those reddish rocks down and stand the rock under them up and incorporate the reddish rocks in with the others. Try creating 3 structures that are higher. May need more rock though. Show pics with updates. Love to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Created an archway that the crabs love to climb on, and the fish love to swim through. Also created a case with a swim through. The shrimp almost always hang out here and the fish enjoy swimming through it too! If you look closely you can see the red peppermint shrimp clinging to the red rock! :) still plan on more rock and I'm thinking of some zoa coral to add color, I'm limited because I only have a 48 watt T5 set up.

Attachments

• 1405365377078.jpg
    1405365377078.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 1405365475580.jpg
    1405365475580.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 102
Cave not case...

If it were me I would add about 15 pounds more of live rock. Maybe about three or four different pieces . Some cool shapes that you can hard scape with

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom