Tank is bowing.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was looking today on the topside of my tank, and it bowing in the center in the front and back. Is this something to be concerned about.?
bow%20glass.jpg

There is no center brace on a 29g, correct? If not, I do not think it is a problem, even 10g tanks will bow a little since they have no center brace. I never noticed it on my nano until I built a canopy so it is easy to miss. I would just keep an eye on it to make sure it is not changing and bowing more, etc.

Can be potentially dangerous. My 40gal tank bowed about that much and before I knew the seams of the silicone were wearing out. I took my whole tank apart and just for the heck of it, I filled it up again (outside of course) I noticed that the seams got even weaker. I think it really depends on where the tank was located in the LFS you got it from. The one thing I noticed that was my tank was always out in the sun at the LFS...I'm not sure what the sun can do to silicone but I would just check the corners of your tank to see if there are any airbubbles. My tank didnt have any airbubbles at all until it was full, and once it was full airbubbles up the @ss. IME, I had a bad tank, but yours could be perfectly fine.

I dont even have a center brace on my 125g tank! I am trying to find replacement molding with the brace but no luck yet.

Back
Top Bottom