Here is a more descriptive directions:
For best results, turn off UV
sterilizer or Ozonizer and Protein Skimmer. Remove Chemi-Pure or Carbon Filtration for 24 hours following each treatment.
It is advisable to do at least a 20% water change after full treatment.
You must use an air stone when using Chemi-Clean. Place airstone in the aquarium prior to and during treatment.
* Removes disease causing red cyanobacteria (red slime) from live coral.
* Removes red slime, black, blue-green and bubble producing algae.
* Oxidizes trapped organic sludge and sediment.
* Clarifies aquarium water to crystal clear.
* Promotes ideal enzyme balance.
* Contains no phosphates, algaecides or erythromycin succinate.
* Safe for reef tanks, all invertebrates, desirable macro algaes, nitrifying bacteria and fish.
* Treats up to 300 Gallons.
Still not sure why they want you to add the air stone...I agree with hara, too much dosing, too quickly. PWCs are in order.